Friday, January 30, 2009

Cavite Explosion


Another tragedy for Pinoys. Amidst economic scares, this thing should happen. I am sympathetic to those affected and I hope they get back on their feet soon. To the families of the dead, I extend my condolences.
This tragedy makes me wonder how this happened. I am very much sure that in the ensuing investigation after all the commotion, turuan na naman yan. Safety standards are quite low in our country. I fear more now especially in these times of economic downturn. I am sure most companies would have cost-cutting measures planned. And most of these measures would probably lead to downgrading safety, especially in low-profile companies. I hope this tragedy does not happen again. It's hard to ask at these times but safety first before profit.

No comments: