Monday, January 19, 2009

Cheesy First Love


Pinoys are the cheesiest people in the planet as can be seen in this advertisement of McDonalds. I don't exactly know when this ad came out. I just saw it yesterday at a pinoy video streaming site. "Huling El Bimbo" was the background track and it caught my attention. The cheesiness is so high one can either turn into something gooey in nature or puke all the cheeseburgers, fries and sundae ice cream one has eaten in his/her entire life. For most pinoys, it would have been the former. Even the most brutal and macho kabaros would give a smile upon watching this ad. That's one of the things I love about pinoys. In a relationship, romanticism is one of the key items to make it work. I've talked to some foreigners in my stay outside of the country and they usually say they like Filipinos because they are hopeless romantics. Try strolling around malls and public areas, and you'll see the place populated by corniest couples doing their things. Maybe you'll see me and cookie. I'm proud to say, "Corny kami, ano pake mo!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so this is the ad I've been hearing about! short but sweet. mapapa-"awww" ka na lang sa huli!