Monday, January 19, 2009

Pinoy Heroes



Nice. This is one of those videos that are like "sapul hanggang kaluluwa". Too bad that those people that should watch this video are too manhid already. I have the same sentiments as these OFWs. Mind you, these are OFWs who would have stayed at home if there are better opportunities. OFWs who don't forget their root. Not "migrants" but OFWs. This is an "in your face" video of how they actually feel. I talked to a lot of OFWs where I am now and they would give anything just to have a stable job back home. I know all their sufferings in their work; the discrimination, the low pay (based on foreign standards) , the loneliness. "Masuwerte ka estudyante ka dito" is what they always say to me. They don't need a heroes' welcome. What they would be happy about is to see when they step out of the airport are changes. Changes in the country that would give them a chance to work at home and be with their families. I just hope that in the near future (hopefully in the upcoming elections) a new bayani would rise up. A hero that is located at home and improving the country for the future. So that our current heroes can finally go home.


No comments: